D.S.C. Racing
Welcome to DSC Racing's Online Forum.

Please take the time to register and join our Forum.
Within minutes you will be part of our Community

Thank You for Supporting US.
-DSC Racing
D.S.C. Racing
Welcome to DSC Racing's Online Forum.

Please take the time to register and join our Forum.
Within minutes you will be part of our Community

Thank You for Supporting US.
-DSC Racing
D.S.C. Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

D.S.C. Racing

HomeDSC HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to DSC Racing's Online Forum

question about DSP

Go down 
+3
turbo666
Samlilly2
wowwowweewhoa
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wowwowweewhoa
Taining Wheels
Taining Wheels
wowwowweewhoa

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:23 pm

i thought i would ask this in here even though im pretty sure i know the answer... i was reading on srtforums and noticed something that was posted in a thread. someone asked cindy from fwd-p, what would be the benefit of going with fwd-p's sct tune over the dsp? she answered that the sct would be better because unless you had a staged pcm(stage 1,2,3) dsp wouldnt work. im really close to buying a dsp i should have enough money by the end of the month for it. i have a stock pcm though... the dsp should work anyways right?
Back to top Go down
Samlilly2
Admin
Admin
Samlilly2

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:12 pm

wowwowweewhoa wrote:
i thought i would ask this in here even though im pretty sure i know the answer... i was reading on srtforums and noticed something that was posted in a thread. someone asked cindy from fwd-p, what would be the benefit of going with fwd-p's sct tune over the dsp? she answered that the sct would be better because unless you had a staged pcm(stage 1,2,3) dsp wouldnt work. im really close to buying a dsp i should have enough money by the end of the month for it. i have a stock pcm though... the dsp should work anyways right?

Hey man DSP ALL DAY LONG!!!!

Message Turbo666 on here and on the Srtforums, He is a god at tuning the DSP and will be tuning my SRT in the coming weeks. He was the first to have PCM controlled boost to work on a big-turbo srt.

He is in Conover so he would be somewhat local to you. Trust me, I have invested over $18,000 under my hood have had nothing but problems with my AFC Neo and AVC-r. Tuning with the DSP is like that car is running great out of the factory. NOT Tricking Shit.

DSP FTW

-Sammie
Back to top Go down
wowwowweewhoa
Taining Wheels
Taining Wheels
wowwowweewhoa

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 9:52 pm

yea i know nigel and aaron. trudyno put my cams in earlier this year, they are actually my only for the tuning. i knew she was wrong by saying that. oh well dsp it is cheers ive been researching it for months and i never saw a disclaimer for staged pcm's only.
Back to top Go down
turbo666
Taining Wheels
Taining Wheels

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 11:30 pm

What's up David!

The only advantage SCT has over DSP is that you can flash in PCM calibration into another PCM. Whereas with DS you can only modify that particular PCM calibration. That would certainly be a nice feature to have, but we know how to make DS work on stock PCM's. I'm still on a stock PCM.

The Staged PCM's do make things like PCM boost easier. PCM boost on a externally gated turbos with stock PCM will not operate correctly. That's a downfall to the stock PCM. These are issues that Aaron and I have mentioned to DS, but no resolution has been made at this time.

Now PCM boost on internally gated turbos is not a issue on stock PCM.
Back to top Go down
wowwowweewhoa
Taining Wheels
Taining Wheels
wowwowweewhoa

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:07 am

oh ok that makes a lot of sence to me now. so in the future when i decide to get a lets say a 50 trim with an external wastegate to dsp will not work the best? now a 50 trim is in the distant future so the dsp will hold me off for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Samlilly2
Admin
Admin
Samlilly2

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 11:18 am

wowwowweewhoa wrote:
oh ok that makes a lot of sence to me now. so in the future when i decide to get a lets say a 50 trim with an external wastegate to dsp will not work the best? now a 50 trim is in the distant future so the dsp will hold me off for awhile.

No I think you miss understood, I have a big turbo, Going to DSP.

You can buy a staged 1 PCM cheap!!, But like Nigel said he is on the STOCK PCM and it's working fine.

-Sammie
Back to top Go down
Stage_?
Taining Wheels
Taining Wheels
Stage_?

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:01 pm

Always consult Turbo666. he runs Trudynosports.

www.trudynosports.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.scottautobody.com
Samlilly2
Admin
Admin
Samlilly2

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 5:05 pm

Stage_? wrote:
Always consult Turbo666. he runs Trudynosports.

[url=http://www.trudynosports.com
www.trudynosports.com[/quote[/url]]

Thanks Turbo666 is Nigel, and he works out of Trudynosports.

-Sammie
Back to top Go down
Paper
Taining Wheels
Taining Wheels

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 5:35 pm

Turbo666/Nigel = The shit with tuning these cars on a Diablo. I trust no other.
Back to top Go down
mightyxwhitey53
Taining Wheels
Taining Wheels
mightyxwhitey53

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 11:54 pm

I love the AEM EMS...but then again its FACKIN expensive... $2k i think, but worth every penny, and it works with stock PCM and you can use an AEM solenoid to control boost from the EMS
Back to top Go down
DSCRACING
Admin
Admin
DSCRACING

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 12:31 am

Without the AEM EMS I would have never ran the 11.1 on a stock motor!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

question about DSP Empty
PostSubject: Re: question about DSP   question about DSP I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

question about DSP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D.S.C. Racing :: Car Related Discussion :: The Garage-
Jump to: